Monday, July 6, 2009

Hot Springs




Above our pictures from our stop at Toad Hollow restaurant aon our way to Lake Arenal area. There is a picture of me enjoying a local beverage and the other is of Sara and our new friend Bonnie. We are meeting the most wonderful group of people and having such a great time.

Last night we went to an eco style hot springs. There are several placed in the area but this one is smaller and puts a limit on how many people they allow in at a time. Our guide Kiki explained that they do not advertise or put out brochures but work with local eco friendly tour groups to arrange visits.
Our visit there was absoltely amazing. You had to walk through the maini part of the building along secluded paths until you came to a set of 4 to 6 large pools with several smaller ones tucked above those. There was a waterfall at one and two bars located close by for refreshments :) I don´t know if I have ever been so relaxed in my entire life. It was as though any stress or tension you had in your mind or body just melted into the water.
We then enjoyed a dinner in the restaurant at the hot springs establishment. Again, this was quite and cozy with a distinct lack of any tourist feel.

1 comment:

Orion said...

Don't get too used to it my dear :) It sounds wonderful. I can't wait for you to take me back there.